Canopy Tours: The World’s Longest Canopy Walkway
Canopy Tours Closed For The Season ~ Re-open Summer 2021
Please be advised due to COVID-19 our tours have been adjusted.
2020 Tour Adjustments
- Tours will run Wednesday to Sunday. The tour times are 9:00 am and 1:30 pm.
- Tours will start August 1. Tours are available to book online.
- Tours will be limited to 9 participants maximum.
- Tours will be approximately 2 to 3 hours in length.
- Participants are expected to bring and wear their own masks. Masks must be worn during any interpretive talks, during the safety demonstration and on the platform.
- Participants are asked to bring their own water for the tour (bottles that can be clipped are recommended).
- The Wolf Centre will not be offered complimentary at this time. Participants are more than welcome to reserve a tour online. Recommended times to reserve:
- 9:00 am Canopy Tour – We recommend the 3:00 Wolf Centre Tour. This time provides the option to order lunch from the Cookhouse Restaurant. The 1:00 pm tour would work as well, but it would only leave approximately 30 minutes between the two tours.
- 1:30 pm Canopy Tour – We recommend the 9:00 am Wolf Centre Tour. This time provides the option to order lunch from the the Cookhouse Restaurant. The 11:00 am tour would work as well, but it would only leave approximately 1 hour between the two tours.
New Tour Outline
- Meet your guide at Base Camp.
- Drive their own vehicles to the Canopy Tour site following the guide.
- Enjoy a guided walk along Pelaw River Rapids.
- Meander through the Canopy Tour itself. At 10-20 metres above the ground, walk through the treetops and see beautiful views of Haliburton Forest from above. At over half a kilometre long (the longest canopy boardwalk of its kind in the world), you’ll be sure to see more spectacular views.
- $75.00 per adult, plus HST
- $60.00 per youth (10 to 17 years of age), plus HST
Possible Start Back Up In 2021
Enjoy breathtaking views on this 3.5 to 4 hour Canopy Tour. Your guide will take you on an adventure in 4 parts:
1. A scenic drive through the private forest
2. Paddle a canoe across a wilderness lake
3. A guided walk along the Pelaw River Rapids
4. The Canopy Tour itself, among the treetops. At 10-20 metres above the ground, walk through the treetops and see beautiful views of Haliburton Forest from above. At over half a kilometre long (the longest canopy boardwalk of its kind in the world), you’ll be sure to see more spectacular views.
- $95.00 per adult, plus HST
- $70.00 per youth (10 to 17 years of age), plus HST
The design of the Canopy Tour exceeds industry standards. Our experienced guides ensure your tree top trek is exciting without sacrificing your safety. Before any person leaves the comfort of the forest floor your guide will introduce you to all the safety procedures and equipment.
Guests should be able to walk at a relaxed pace under their own power for a minimum of 3 hours as well as being capable of embarking and disembarking a large voyageur style canoe from a dock.
The Canopy Tour is not suitable for wheelchairs or people with disabilities requiring walking aids (e.g. crutches).
It is recommended that guests with hearing or vision impairments have a friend, family member or support person join them on the tour.