Book Canopy Tour
Please be advised due to COVID-19 our tours have been adjusted.
2020 Tour Adjustments
- Tours will run Wednesday to Sunday. The tour times are 9:00 am and 1:30 pm.
- Tours will start August 1. Tours are available to book online.
- Tours will be limited to 6 participants maximum.
- Tours will be approximately 2 to 3 hours in length.
- Participants are expected to bring and wear their own masks. Masks must be worn during any interpretive talks, during the safety demonstration and on the platform.
- Participants are asked to bring their own water for the tour (bottles that can be clipped are recommended).
- The Wolf Centre will not be offered complimentary at this time. Participants are more than welcome to reserve a tour online. Recommended times to reserve:
- 9:00 an Canopy Tour - We recommend either the 3:00 Wolf Centre Tour. This time provides the option to order lunch from the Cookhouse Restaurant. The 1:00 pm tour would work as well, but it would only leave approximately 30 minutes between the two tours.
- 1:30 pm Canopy Tour - We recommend the 9:00 am Wolf Centre Tour. This time provides the option to order lunch from the the Cookhouse Restaurant. The 11:00 am tour would work as well, but it would only leave approximately 1 hour between the two tours.
New Tour Outline
- Meet your guide at Base Camp.
- Drive their own vehicles to the Canopy Tour site following the guide.
- Enjoy a guided walk along Pelaw River Rapids.
- Meander through the Canopy Tour itself. At 10-20 metres above the ground, walk through the treetops and see beautiful views of Haliburton Forest from above. At over half a kilometre long (the longest canopy boardwalk of its kind in the world), you'll be sure to see more spectacular views.
- $75.00 per adult, plus HST
- $60.00 per youth (10 to 17 years of age), plus HST
Walk Along the Longest Canopy Walkway in the World (Possible Start Back Up In 2021)
Enjoy breathtaking views on this 3.5 to 4 hour Canopy Tour. Your guide will take you on an adventure in 4 parts:
1. A scenic drive through the private forest
2. Paddle a canoe across a wilderness lake
3. A guided walk along the Pelaw River Rapids
4. The Canopy Tour itself, among the treetops. At 10-20 metres above the ground, walk through the treetops and see beautiful views of Haliburton Forest from above. At over half a kilometre long (the longest canopy boardwalk of its kind in the world), you’ll be sure to see more spectacular views.
- $95.00 per adult, plus HST
- $70.00 per youth (10 to 17 years of age), plus HST
Guests should be able to walk at a relaxed pace under their own power for a minimum of 3 hours as well as being capable of embarking and disembarking a large voyageur style canoe from a dock.
Pregnant women, by discretion. Your harness must fit securely for your safety as well as the baby's.
Tours run rain or shine, please dress for the weather and wear close toed footwear (running shoes, hiking boots preferred). Please do not wear short shorts, skirts or dresses as you will be wearing a lap harness that pulls your clothing up. Feel free to bring a camera so you can take pictures along the way.
Included with the Canopy Tour you receive a light snack and a beverage mid-tour as well as a complimentary pass to the Wolf Centre and day use to Haliburton Forest.
9:00 am tour - please arrive 15-20 minutes before your tour.
1:30 pm tour - we recommend arriving an hour to two hours before to visit the Wolf Centre.
Although we accept single guest bookings, tours will only run with a minimum of 2 guests. It is however very rare that we have to cancel a tour due to low numbers - the right number of people nearly always show up!